This Club is formed to promote the sport of croquet in this community
Founded in 2008
Tega Cay Croquet Club
Junior Croquet Sessions On Thursdays
During the Spring, each Thursday, from 4:00 to 5:00 pm, the Tega Cay Croquet Club will be having croquet sessions for Junior boys and girls (ages 8 - 20) who live in the Tega Cay area and want to learn the game of croquet.. These sessions will teach Golf Croquet. The sessions will begin with fundamentals, will progress to higher skills and will allow the Juniors to gain knowledge of croquet rules and strategies. At each session, all Juniors who attend will get to play in organized games with new and/or experienced Junior players. All equipment will be provided by the TCCC. The first two sessions that each Junior attends will be free. After two sessions, each Junior must become a member of the Croquet Club or pay a non-member fee to use the court. Contact Terry Hunt at email@example.com if your child wants to sign up for any of these sessions. Each session will be limited to eight Juniors. The first eight to sign up before a session will be allowed to attend that week.
2017 TCCC Junior Spring Mixed Doubles Tournament
There will be a Junior Doubles Golf Croquet Tournament held on Sunday afternoon, March 26 for all TCCC Junior members. The tournament will give the Juniors a competitive format where they play by official Golf Croquet rules and have a chance to play with and/or against most all of the other Junior members. Refreshments will be provided to all players and the winning team will receive trophies and prizes. Details of this event will be sent to the Junior members nearer to the date of the event.
The TCCC Junior Croquet Program is for boys and girls ages 8 to 20 who live in the Tega Cay area.
To give the young people in the Tega Cay area an opportunity to learn that Croquet can be a fun, entertaining, and competitive sport, and that we have one of the best Croquet Facilities in the area.
Any child (ages 8 to 20) is eligible for a Junior membership in the Tega Cay Croquet Club and will have all of the General Membership Benefits with the following exceptions:
- The membership application must be approved by the child's parent or guardian. Click here for a copy of the TCCC Membership Application Form:
- Before a membership is granted, the child must participate in at least two TCCC croquet classes that teach the rules and fundamentals of croquet. Terry Hunt will arrange for the required classes for potential Junior member interested in instruction in Golf Croquet. Contact Terry at: firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time. The first two training classes are free and our Club will furnish all the necessary equipment (balls and mallets).
- Junior members who are 16 years old and under must be accompanied by an adult member of the Club while playing on the court. The adult member will serve as a coach and assure that the equipment room is open during the reserved time. Any Junior member needing an adult member to be present at their reserved time can contact Terry Hunt at 803-548-0810 or email at email@example.com, and he will arrange for a Club member to meet the Juniors at the court. Contact should be made at least 24 hours before the reserved time.
- Junior members may make advanced reserved starting times for up to one week in advance. Junior members can make court reservations by clicking on the button below to make on-line reservations or call the Golf Club at 803-548-3500 for reservations up to one week in advance.
Junior members can start playing for free as soon as:
- The membership form is filled out and given to a TCCC Board member,
- The Junior has attended two training classes and
- The first year's membership fee has been paid.
The annual membership fee for a Junior is $75.00. New Members joining for the first time and paying the membership fee after October will pay a prorated amount of the first year's annual dues based on the month of the application. After the first year, the full fee will be due at the start of the next fiscal year. The TCCC fiscal year runs from October 1 to September 30. Junior membership is free if a child has a parent or grandparent who is a member of the TCCC.
For those who are not members of the Tega Cay Croquet Club, Non-Member play is available at a fee of $15 per person for a two hour play period.
At the Tega Cay Croquet Court next to the Tega Cay Golf Club Pavilion.
Based on the interest and the number of Junior members, the Club will schedule Play Days and special events for Juniors throughout the year.
If you have questions about our Junior Croquet Program contact Terry Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 803-548-0810.