Tega Cay Croquet Club
2017 TCCC Junior Spring Mixed Doubles Tournament
The Junior Mixed Doubles Golf Croquet Tournament was held on Sunday March 26 under cloudy skies with eight TCCC Junior members participating. At the start of the tournament, Haley Wallett, McKenna Dyer and Campbell Grant led the group in singing the National Anthem. Despite two rain delays, the Juniors played three rounds to establish who would compete in the championship game. In these three rounds, each player played with a different partner each round and played against different opponents each round. Based on how well they played in these rounds, the teams making it to the championship round were Logan Parker and McKenna Dyer vs. Tanner Dodd and Haley Wallet. The final match was won by Logan Parker and McKenna Dyer by a score of 7 to 4. Both teams received prizes and the winning team were presented with trophies. Tournament Director, Terry Hunt, thanks the following volunteers for their time and service. Refreshments were provided Donna Miller and Jill Parker. Referees were Dana Boots, Peggy Lee, Frank Powell and Jerry Misik. George Fiegel provided the beautiful trophies.
Pictures of the first and second place teams are shown below. Left click on the pictures to see enlarged photos.
2017 Tega Cay Fourth of July Parade
"Hats off to the Tega Cay Croquet Club....
FYI.... The Croquet Club float took first place in the city's July 4th parade..... A special thanks to the Junior Croquet members that rode in the parade. I think it was their great smiles that got to the judges' hearts which helped us in securing first place. Campbell Grant, Logan Parker & Caroline Tucker.
Again, thanks to all..."
Junior Croquet Events
Exhibition for Junior Members
On July 25th, TCCC Junior members watched an exhibition golf croquet game between Mathew Essick and Damon Bidencope. They demonstrated croquet techniques, taught strategies and took questions from the Juniors during the exhibition.
Matthew Essick is an 18 year old croquet player from Lexington, NC. He started playing croquet at the age of 6 due to persuasive efforts from his grandparents. Matthew took up Association croquet in 2011. Since then, he has been selected to 2 Solomon trophy teams, and 1 MacRobertson Sheild USA team selection. His favorite game is Association Croquet, but he really loves the sharpshooting and undervalued strategy of golf croquet. He currently lives in Lexington, NC, and will be attending North Carolina State University in the fall.
Damon Bidencope is a member of our Tega Cay Croquet Club and lives in Charlotte, NC. In 2016 he was inducted into the US Croquet Assocation Hall of Fame. His biography and croquet accomplishments can be seen at:
Pictures of the exhibition are shown below. Left click on the pictures to see enlarged photos. e event are shown below.
Junior Croquet Program
hJunior Croquet Sessions On Thursdays
During the Fall, each Thursday, from 4:00 to 5:00 pm, the Tega Cay Croquet Club will be having croquet sessions for new Junior boys and girls (ages 8 - 20) who live in the Tega Cay area and want to learn the game of croquet. These sessions will teach Golf Croquet. The sessions will begin with fundamentals, will progress to higher skills and will allow the new Juniors to gain knowledge of croquet rules and strategies. At each session, all Juniors who attend will get to play in organized games with new and/or experienced Junior players. All equipment will be provided by the TCCC. The first two sessions that each new Junior attends will be free. After two sessions, each Junior must become a member of the Croquet Club or pay a non-member fee to use the court. Contact Terry Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org if your child wants to sign up for any of these sessions. Each session will be limited to eight Juniors. The first eight to sign up before a session will be allowed to attend that week.
The TCCC Junior Croquet Program is for boys and girls ages 8 to 20 who live in the Tega Cay area.
To give the young people in the Tega Cay area an opportunity to learn that Croquet can be a fun, entertaining and competitive sport, and that we have one of the best Croquet Facilities in the area.
Any child (ages 8 to 20) is eligible for a Junior membership in the Tega Cay Croquet Club and will have all of the General Membership Benefits with the following exceptions:
- The membership application must be approved by the child's parent or guardian. Click here for a copy of the TCCC Membership Application Form:
- Before a membership is granted, the child must participate in at least two TCCC croquet classes that teach the rules and fundamentals of croquet. Terry Hunt will arrange for the required classes for potential Junior member interested in instruction in Golf Croquet. Contact Terry at: email@example.com to set up a time. The first two training classes are free and our Club will furnish all the necessary equipment (balls and mallets).
- Junior members who are 16 years old and under must be accompanied by an adult member of the Club while playing on the court. The adult member will serve as a coach and assure that the equipment room is open during the reserved time. Any Junior member needing an adult member to be present at their reserved time can contact Terry Hunt at 803-548-0810 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and he will arrange for a Club member to meet the Juniors at the court. Contact should be made at least 24 hours before the reserved time.
- Junior members may make advanced reserved starting times for up to one week in advance. Junior members can make court reservations by clicking on the button below to make on-line reservations or call the Golf Club at 803-548-3500 for reservations up to one week in advance.
Junior members can start playing for free as soon as:
- The membership form is filled out and given to a TCCC Board member,
- The Junior has attended two training classes and
- The first year's membership fee has been paid.
The annual membership fee for a Junior is $75.00. New Members joining for the first time and paying the membership fee after October will pay a prorated amount of the first year's annual dues based on the month of the application. After the first year, the full fee will be due at the start of the next fiscal year. The TCCC fiscal year runs from October 1 to September 30. Junior membership is free if a child has a parent or grandparent who is a member of the TCCC.
For those who are not members of the Tega Cay Croquet Club, Non-Member play is available at a fee of $15 per person for a two hour play period.
At the Tega Cay Croquet Court next to the Tega Cay Golf Club Pavilion.
Based on the interest and the number of Junior members, the Club will schedule Play Days and special events for Juniors throughout the year. After the Junior members learn Golf Croquet, other croquet games such as Six Wicket and Association Croquet can be taught to the more advanced players.
If you have questions about our Junior Croquet Program contact Terry Hunt at email@example.com or call 803-548-0810.
Junior Croquet Parents Day
The Junior members hosted their parents and a few other family members on May 7. Each family formed teams to compete against the other family teams in golf croquet matches. About twenty players participated. Prizes were awarded to the most enthusiastic family team (McKenna and Bart Dyer) and the most improved family team (Andrew and Natalie Atkinson). Prize winner pictures are shown below. Left click on the pictures to see enlarged photos.
This Club is formed to promote the sport of croquet in this community
Founded in 2008