This Club is formed to promote the sport of croquet in this community
Founded in 2008
General TCCC Info
For information about upcoming tournaments and social events, see our latest monthly TCCC Newsletter on our Newsletter webpage.
UPCOMING USCA & INTERNATIONAL TOURNAMENTS
For a complete list of ALL upcoming USCA sanctioned tournaments, please visit the following link:
Our croquet facilities include a lighted regulation size croquet court, a memorial gazebo, an equipment room, croquet balls, and mallets. For tournaments and social events, two smaller courts can be set up.
TCCC Substitute List
A link to a Substitute List of members who are willing to substitute for a regular group member is shown below. Contact Sally Bennett at email@example.com if you wish to be added or subtracted from the list or if you need the Password. A new list will be published monthly only if there are changes. The list is for TCCC members only and is Password protected.
Damon Bidencope is an honorary lifetime member of our Club and is a member of the US Croquet Hall of Fame. Click on the picture below to see his history with croquet.ere.
Members can make court reservations up to one week in advance by clicking on the button below, or call the Golf Shop at 803-548-3500 for reservations up to four weeks in advance.
Future 2020 TCCC Eventsebru
August ?? - TCCC Members Meeting and Board Elections
August 22 - Alternate Shot Tournament
September 14 - 16: Senior Games
September 20 - Golf With Wickets, 1 pm.
September 26 - Fall Six Wicket Tournament
October 6 & 7 - TCCC Invitational Tournamental with the Coastal Croquet Clubs
October 21 - 23 - Anderson Cup Tournament
November ?? - Anderson Cup Awards Brunch 5
Details for each TCCC event will be sent to all members nearer to the date of the event. There will be additional social events posted when their dates are determined.
The TCCC has designated Thursday's from 12 to 2 pm as an Open Session on the Tega Cay Croquet Court. Any adult can attend. You do not need to be a resident of Tega Cay or a member of our Club to participate. All croquet equipment will be provided by the TCCC. George Fiegel will coordinate these sessions and arrange games for those who attend. If you plan to attend one of these sessions, contact George in advance at gmail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 803-372-1721.
Social Distancing Guidelines for Croquet
Effective May 1, 2020
The Croquet Board met April 21 to establish the following social distancing guidelines that must be followed to allow us to resume play on May 1.
1) Under no circumstances should you show up for play if you are feeling poorly, have a fever, or a persistent dry cough.
2) No more than four players are permitted to play at any one time.
3) Players must maintain at least six feet of distance between them at all times (that’s about two mallet lengths).
4) Players must stand behind the boundaries at all times unless it is their turn to play. This holds true even when seeking or giving advice from/to a playing partner.
5) No handshaking, fist bumps, hugging, etc. allowed at any time.
6) Masks are recommended.
7) Players are encouraged to bring wipes or sanitizer in case they need to touch balls or other equipment. Do not share mallets or other equipment.
8) Group captains will need to decide who plays and for how long when the groups have more than four players. When two different groups have the “on the hour” slot and the “ten past the hour spot,” team captains from the respective groups will have to decide on alternating weeks of play or sending only two players each week. Captains also need to devise a way to set up matches without drawing cards or chips.
9) Groups are asked to show up for play right at their assigned times so as not to have more than four on/near the court at one time.
Because these guidelines are very different than we are accustomed to, players are encouraged to gently remind others to follow them when they notice other players not complying with them. These guidelines are the MINIMUM precautions for play. All players must decide about any additional measures they think are necessary for their safety including a decision not to play.
Tega Cay Croquet Club
TCCC Makes the TV News
Local TV Station CN2 interviews TCCC Past President Peggy Towner about the Tega Cay Croquet Club. Click the button below to watch.
2019 World Golf Croquet Championship
Click on the button below to watch a BBC introduction for the 2019 World Golf Croquet Championship. The video also talks about the early history of croquet.
The tournament was won by Ben Rothman from the United States. Click on the button below to see a fantastic jump shot that he made during one of his matches.